We Are Lions. We Are Saving Sight.
The Missouri Lions have given their volunteer and financial support to our programs since 1960. The Lions' long-standing commitment to saving sight in Missouri and around the world is immeasurable. We're proud to be the “State Sight Project” of the extraordinary men and women of the Missouri Lions.
There are many ways that your club can serve the community and support our sight-saving programs:
- Join the Circle of Sight Monthly Giving Program to sustain our work and change lives.
- Attend Lions L.E.A.D. Saturday and become an ambassador for Saving Sight.
- Host an eye, organ, and tissue donor registration drive for your community.
- Hold a special fundraising activity and donate the proceeds to Saving Sight.
- Continue to collect eyeglasses for the Eyeglass Recycling program.
- Contact Saving Sight to request a speaker for a program meeting and learn more about our mission.
- Subscribe to the Sightlines e-newsletter below and keep your club updated about the latest Saving Sight news.
- View our program statistics for your Lions District, which are updated on a monthly basis.
NOTE: With the retirement of Saving Sight's volunteer coordinator, the KidSight Vision Screening Program is taking time to evaluate how volunteers can best support this program to provide a meaningful experience for volunteers while maximizing the impact of the program for the children and families it serves. While the program reworks its volunteer processes, we will not have opportunities for volunteers at KidSight screenings. Individuals can continue to volunteer to recycle eyeglasses at the Lions Volunteer Center in Columbia, Missouri or can support KidSight screenings with a gift.
The legacy of Lion Haywood Snipes is continued through this society. It is the most prestigious honor Saving Sight can bestow on a Lion or Lions club.
Donations equaling or exceeding $2,000 in one fiscal year qualify a club for a Sight Saver award. This recognition serves as a symbol of the Lions' support of Saving Sight.
Each year this award is bestowed upon the Lions clubs that made the largest financial contributions to Saving Sight during the previous fiscal year.